Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lee Cutler: Missing teen's family, friends not giving up

-----
B"H

Please continue to pray for Levi Ben Basya.

This is the time for miracles. Please, Hashm, give this family a miracle and bring their son home safely.

I have a teen son (more than one, actually), and I can't imagine the pain this family is facing daily as they live without their son in their life--not knowing what happened to him, or where he is.

Please, Hashm, stay close to this family and draw them close to you.

M
-----

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/buffalogrove/news/682544,bg-cutler-120607-s1.article
December 7, 2007
By KATIE OKON & CHARLES BERMAN Staff Writers

Friends and family of Lee Cutler packed in shoulder-to-shoulder under the pavilion at Busch Grove Community Park on Sunday night, in hopes that their combined warmth found Cutler wherever he may be.

The crowd of nearly 100 at the Buffalo Grove park braved the sub-freezing temperature to share memories of how the missing teenager touched their lives.

Beth Frazin, the mother of missing Stevenson High School student Lee Cutler, gets support from people attending a ceremony Sunday night in Buffalo Grove.

"I am overwhelmed with the support," said Dan De Grazia, spokesman for Cutler's family. "There are people that don't know Lee here. This is how our community gets involved."

People prayed, cried and laughed during the hour-long vigil.

"I want Lee home, but most of all, I want him to call and say, 'I'm fine,'" said Beth Frazin, Cutler's mom. "Everyone thinks that it can't happen to them. It can and it's devastating."

Cutler, a senior at Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire, was reported missing Oct. 20 after he did not show up at his part-time job in Vernon Hills. His car was located two days later off a road in Sauk County, Wis., and a two-week search found many of Cutler's belongings in or along the Baraboo River.

"This has been the hardest time in my life. I miss him tremendously," said Barry Frazin, Cutler's stepfather. "I have a message for you, Lee. I need you to come home so we can continue this incredible relationship."

Hoping for miracle
Ross Shapiro, Cutler's cousin, said miracles are possible. Speaking two days before the start of Hanukkah, he said Cutler's safe return to his friends and family would be like the miracle of Hanukkah, where the candles burned for eight days with only enough oil to last one.

"The support system from this group of people has been amazing," said Katrina Englerth, a friend of Cutler.

"I have a giant hole in my heart, but I'm kind of putting all the pieces together again seeing everyone here offering their support," said friend Sasha Beckov. "It puts a smile on my face knowing I am not going through this alone."

Friend Melissa Shparago said, "We are here to come together for Lee. He was always there for us, and we want to be there for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not use comments to personally attack other posters.