Can you say, “Civil War”? I knew you could . . .
What is of note here is that the PA leaked this. It seems to me that they got a lot of concessions out of Olmert, and they would want to keep this quiet. Maybe it isn’t what they want . . . Or, perhaps, Hashm has hardened their hearts?
(IsraelNN.com) The Palestinian Authority-based Maan News Agency claims to have received a Hebrew document from an Israeli source outlining eight points agreed upon by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert’s government:
1. Israel withdraws and destroys Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria in stages.
2. An “unarmed Palestinian state within the 1967 borders. The specific details of the borders will be determined according to security needs, demographic developments and humanitarian requirements. This will pave the way to for an equal territorial exchange. Israel will keep some settlement blocs and maintain geographic contiguity in Palestine and horizons for economic prosperity.”
3. Dividing Jerusalem: “There will be two capitals in Jerusalem, one for Israel and one for Palestine.”
4. Israeli relinquishes sovereignty to a committee to oversee Old City and holy sites.
5. “Palestine to be declared a national homeland for the Palestinian people and Israel to be declared a national homeland for the Jewish people.”
6. “A just solution to be agreed on for the problem of the Palestinian refugees with recognition of their suffering and understanding of their individual right within the framework of a comprehensive solution.”
7. “Both sides must declare an end to the conflict and fight terrorism on both sides.”
8. “Both sides to consider this agreement as being in accordance with the principles of the peace initiative proposed by the Arab League.”
Ma’an reported that, “Immediately after the [November] international summit and simultaneously with ongoing negotiations to reach a detailed agreement, Israel will start to withdraw its forces and evacuate settlements from territories in [Judea and Samaria].